incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: [www] Any Drupal guru's lurking? ( was : Ext / Temp repository stability ( was Extensions and templates site down ))
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:17:58 GMT
On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 14:45 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 1:58 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:

The site(s)

the list if you want to contact him.

> >> I'll send this one then - and if needed the other after a day or so..;-)
> >
> > Alright - well just tried to hit the extension site (from the OO.o front
> > page) 6 times, 5 'connection reset', 1 time success - then clicked on
> > templates and 'connection reset'
> >
> > No hands up here yet that I've seen.
> >
> > People do want to have this site up, yes?
> >
> > So - I said I'd not be much help, that isn't the same as no help.
> >
> > I assume all the drupal setup is under version control, or is it just
> > the custom changes (with any schema changes) - either way I can setup a
> > VM here and see about tackling an update from 5 to 6 (not 7???)
> >

> What are you trying to accomplish?

Hi Rob

my understanding is that part of the solution is an upgrade of the
current site from Drupal 5 to 6 (and some work on caching) and this
upgrade includes working in the custom code. So that is what I am going
to try to do - on a test instance and when I'm done (assuming it works
out) to offer the change for use on the live site at OSUOSL.

Now I've installed Drupal maybe 7,8 times (versions 5,6) out of the box,
I've installed a few mods and done a little theming, but no hacking on
the core stuff, which it is my understanding was done here, so I would
love to have someone who knows more then I to do doing this, but I'll
give a try.

//drew