incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject [www] Ext / Temp repository stability ( was Extensions and templates site down )
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:57:34 GMT
On Sun, 2011-08-14 at 15:31 +0200, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
> 2011.08.14. 15:07 keltezéssel, Rob Weir írta:
> > On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 8:26 AM, drew<drew@baseanswers.com>  wrote:
> >> The site (particularly templates) seems hinky, bad, and has for a over a
> >> day now, once again.
> >>
> > Do we know what the underlying issue is?  Is it load related?
> I don't know, may be not enough resources to do administration.

I don't know specifics either, but there has been talk on the lists of
it needing an upgrade to address scaling issues.

You have to assume it is a lack of human resources, I know that they
lost non-Sun/oracle employee admin support way back, so I don't know
what the status of the current admin is ( I'm not even sure if it is
only one person ).

Maybe it is resources at the host that are lacking - but either way I
think the PPMC has to take responsibility for keeping the site up,
bottom line at this point.

If it is not possible to get a stable stie up in a reasonable timeframe
then maybe, yes, another outlet for the items submitted to the site
needs to be found, up to and including transferring the artifacts to
another provider such as the new LibreOffice repository IMO. The PPMC is
not just responsible for that site now, but for the contributions from
the many people that donated artifacts there and the current suer base
that make use of them.

I am strongly, very strongly, in favor of the PPMC finding a solution,
in situ, however.

//drew