incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Hollis Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Fundraising
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 01:45:38 GMT
On Sun, 2011-08-14 at 11:17 +1000, Gavin McDonald wrote:

> [...]

That is not what I said, suggested, or implied. You are either
misreading or being deliberately provocative; from your tone, I suspect
the latter. Why?

I said funds *could be* used for purposes like those examples I gave. I
made no suggestion that these funds *should be* used in place of any
money available from Apache or elsewhere, and certainly not that they
*would be* so used... just that they existed and *could be* used in ways
that benefit the community.

Also, I made no reference to ApacheCon nor mentioned any specific
conference. I was thinking, in fact, of people who attend conferences
for librarians or technical writers or educators (as examples) to
promote (Apache) OpenOffice.org -- more of a marketing function.

--Jean