incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: [WWW] Web analytics
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2011 00:05:50 GMT
On Fri, 2011-08-12 at 15:50 -0700, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 08/12/2011 02:48 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> <<--snipped-->
> >
> > The main part would be to know the user's browser data (OS, language,
> > browser app and version). For me no special data that should get special
> > treated.
>
> If all we want is something like what is stated above -- there are many
> packages we could install/use. AwStats comes to mind. Data would be
> stored locally.

Right - that just needs the access logs.

OK - let me pour a little concrete onto the abstract discussion.

First - by now you know I'm late getting the email to the legal list for
TOU guidance, but I have it started now and should go tonight.

So to the 'ready-mix' - if I understand correctly, and I hope I'm not
speaking out of class here, legally we have the right to re-brand the
extension/template site currently.

Since that site is hosted by a third party (OSU) all it would take is a
change to the footer (Header ?) of the Drupal template - shouldn't be
that big a thing. (especially when someone else is doing it, yes) I
doubt there is access to access logs from here, well I don't know that
for a fact, but I'd be surprised.

**To the mentors, I'm not suggesting the adimn run and do that this
minute.. :-)

Short answer for me, I would gather basic demographics on any such site.

- for the long answer, will catch up in-line with other emails on the
list.

Thanks,

//drew