incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: [www] Color me Copyright-confused
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 17:36:56 GMT
On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 17:43 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 10 August 2011 17:40, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:

> > Well, since I've poked my nose in here on TOU and such - if no one minds
> > I would offer to take this subject over to the Apache legal ML, to
> > solicit help with re-writing the TOU page found on the OO.o main site
> > today, for use on the user facing websites going forward.
>
> Please do (go ahead with lazy consensus, meaning we are all happy for
> you to do the work for us ;-)

<snip>

> I look forward to watching and learning from the discussion on that
> list. Thanks.

Alright - the last day or two I've continued looking at different Apache
project sites, OpenEJB, SpamAssasian and a few of the incubator projects
amongst them for TOU/PP examples.

There is a good inventory of websites(services) for OO.o up on the
planning wiki already.

I think the sites break down reasonably into two groups:

[x].oo.o
extension.s.oo.o
template.s.oo.o
wiki.s.oo.o
user.s.oo.o

being one group - it also seems reasonable to look at adding
incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/
cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/
to that group

Then there is
pootle.s.oo.o
tools.s.oo.o
download.s.oo.o

not sure what all is coming, but I suspect these sites may need a
separate TOU/PP.

Anyway, I've already spoken for my time this evening and plan to put
this all into an email for the legal list tomorrow - if anyone wants to
beat me to the punch, please do, and I'll follow along then..

Best wishes,

//drew