incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <>
Subject RE: [www] Color me Copyright-confused
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 16:40:01 GMT
On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 10:02 -0700, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Dave,
> I've been pondering this some more.  (I saw Drew's post on the Apache-license wording
being there since at least April.)
> I don't know about injection of the Apache license notice in <head> comments, but
I am definitely concerned that we are adding a "Copyright 2011 Apache Software Foundation"
at the bottom of the pages that are from a third party.  This is the closest guidance I could
find: <>, and it mentions that a terms-of-use
for web sites is forthcoming.  We may need to ask about that.  I am pretty sure we are not
planning to include these web pages into a release itself.
> I think we need to talk to legal-/license-discuss before we put more ink on our rubber

Well, since I've poked my nose in here on TOU and such - if no one minds
I would offer to take this subject over to the Apache legal ML, to
solicit help with re-writing the TOU page found on the OO.o main site
today, for use on the user facing websites going forward. For that
matter perhaps someone on the legal list will offer to take this on as a
task for us.

<big snip>

View raw message