incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Website Privacy Policy ( was: Migrating the web forums at user.services.openoffice.org to Apache servers )
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 17:20:58 GMT
On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 19:11 +0200, eric wrote:
> Hi,
>
> drew a écrit :
>
> > I would say a singly privacy policy can and should be created for all AOO websties
which allow creation of user accounts.

> > However for the specifics of this thread I was envisioning a policy that would apply
to the following web sites:

> > www.openoffice.org
> > wiki.services.openoffice.org
> > extensions.services.openoffice.org
> > templates.services.openoffice.org
> > user.services.openoffice.org
> >
> > Additionally, other web sites might well be added to that list which
> > I've simply failed to recall.
>
> Is it possible to add education.openoffice.org in the list ?

Howdy Eric,

Yes, indeed...perhaps too much detail on my part, should of wrote
*.openoffice.org and been done, huh.

For any sub domain of type [x].openoffice.org picks up the standard
footer so link to the internal TOU page already.

However, the [x].services.openoffice.org  domains on the other hand was
used to reference servers that may or may not be physically under
Sun/Oracle control, but for sure they are running a separate web service
(Drupal, MediaWiki, phpBB for example).

//drew