incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Website Privacy Policy ( was: Migrating the web forums at user.services.openoffice.org to Apache servers )
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 16:54:44 GMT
On Sat, 2011-08-06 at 16:02 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:54 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 21:44 -0400, drew wrote:
> >> On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 18:01 -0700, Dave Fisher wrote:
> >>

> > <snip>

<snip>

Hi rob,

> Is this the privacy policy for the website or the wiki and forums?

I would say a singly privacy policy can and should be created for all
AOO websties which allow creation of user accounts.

However for the specifics of this thread I was envisioning a policy that
would apply to the following web sites:

www.openoffice.org
wiki.services.openoffice.org
extensions.services.openoffice.org
templates.services.openoffice.org
user.services.openoffice.org

Additionally, other web sites might well be added to that list which
I've simply failed to recall.

> We
> track additional items for the wiki, right?  For example, we track
> what pages you edit or create.  And to the extent these services
> require registration we also store the users name, email address and a
> hash of their password.

Actually the main OO.o was also a site that tracked user account
information, so I think in this case the different services are more
similar then distinct in regards to Privacy Policy requirements.

Thanks,

//drew