incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: An example of what's wrong up with the wiki
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2011 22:31:51 GMT
All: stop talking on this thread.  This juvenile conversation
needs to end, and we need to get back to making progress on
both the service migration and the source code repository.

Re service migration: the people who currently admin the existing
wiki would be welcome to continue in that role at the ASF.  Anyone
who has enough common sense to remove stupid crap on the wiki would
be welcome to help admin one at the ASF.  No it's not fun being called
out for taking obviously justified action, and that situation won't
change at the ASF other than the fact that your peers in infra will
likely support you.

Re source code repository: apparently noone on the face of the Earth
has the requisite skillset to migrate the history back to svn.  Fortunately
that's not a fatal situation as you can simply migrate the tip to svn
now and migrate everything back to git in a year or so once it's made
available to incubating projects (or graduate and it'll probably be
available by that time).

Let's end this thread and move on to the issues I've mentioned.  Rational
discussions about the ICLA policy and its impact on releasable artifacts
can be handled separately.