incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Hollis Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access to wiki
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2011 02:07:16 GMT
On Sat, 2011-08-06 at 21:05 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> I don't think that we can simply say, "If it is
> not official product doc in a release then it is appropriate to allow
> anyone to edit it anonymously under whatever license they want".

To me this is a complete strawman. I don't think anyone has suggested or
is advocating either anonymity or "any license you want" for future
edits. Every community wiki I've seen has some statement that if you
contribute to the wiki in any way, you agree for your work to be under
the stated license for the wiki (or the specific page), and/or when you
get an account on the wiki you are required to agree to the license.
This is a very low barrier to participation, in terms of both time and
effort required, but it is NOT the same as going through the steps to
get committer status... unless there is some legal or other reason that
a simple "I agree to the license" isn't good enough.

--Jean