incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Website Privacy Policy ( was: Migrating the web forums at user.services.openoffice.org to Apache servers )
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 16:54:05 GMT
On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 21:44 -0400, drew wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 18:01 -0700, Dave Fisher wrote:

<snip>

> > > 5 - Currently the site references a Privacy Policy statement on the
> > > Oracle web site - will need to lockdown exactly where this now needs to
> > > point for Apache.
> >
> > a) Create the new Policy which should apply for all of the openoffice.org content
going forward.

> OK - a quick search finds these:
> http://maven.apache.org/privacy-policy.html
>
> http://continuum.apache.org/privacy-policy.html
>
> hmm - look rather similar don't they.
>
> Do you know of a specific boiler plate for Apache projects anywhere
> else?
>

> > b) Put the page somewhere on the new www.openoffice.org site.

Alright - After Looking at a few more Privacy Policy pages it seems the
real question is:

Will there be any web analytics running on the web sites?

OpenOffice.org of course used such.

The current OpenOffice.org site also uses the Oracle Privacy Policy
page.

It appears that Apache projects use Google, but not all Apache web sites
from what I can see.

So we could start with the text from say the maven project's page above
for a first draft - the question becomes what about the last paragraph -
Will the sites be running google analytics, or something different, or
none at all on day one?

Thanks,

Drew