incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <>
Subject OOo4Kids / OOoLight support ( Re: Migrating the web forums at to Apache servers )
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 16:41:57 GMT
On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 14:22 +0200, eric b wrote:

> Let's try a different approach: if the item exists on the forums,
> there will be _de_facto_ a support ? (yet the chicken egg issue .. ).

Hi Eric,

It's hard to disagree with that - I'd just add, it's a case of lack of a
champion versus blocking. In the Spanish forum Alexandro has been, is, a
champion for OOo4Kids/OOoLight. Notice that the different forums are not
exact copies of each other and indeed the es/forum explicitly list the
two application. I am a little bit surprised that the forum did not go
ahead and open separate sub-pages. Why not, I have no idea, but I am
certain it wasn't because anyone blocked anything. It's quite likely
that if that had happened and the pages showed activity other forums
would of taken notice.

Of course there is always a new day in front of us.

View raw message