incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Migrating the web forums at user.services.openoffice.org to Apache servers
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 01:44:10 GMT
On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 18:01 -0700, Dave Fisher wrote:

<snip>

Howdy Dave,

> > Alright - Actions items here then IMO.
> >
> > 1 - Create a page on the wiki (which one?) with the following:
> >
> > The names of potential system administrators -
> > Terry Ellison
> > [A second admin TBD]
> >
> > (The site has operated with 2 and 3 admins to date, it's a good idea IMO
> > to have at least two people that can handle issues)
> >
> > 2 - A contact point for the Apache Infrastructure team.
> >
> > (not sure if this would be a person or a role name, but it is important
> > to document who needs to be contacted if some issue needs escalating)

> Gavin is already working with TerryE.

Right - wasn't sure if Gavin would be the permanent contact on this,
let's see if he or Terry pop in with a comment on that. Otherwise I'll
ping them on this over the weekend.

> There is also an INFRA JIRA issue tracker.

Excellent, I'll see to it that this is also documented on the wiki and
the forum for the forum admin/moderators/users.

> > 3 - Review the current English Terms of Use statement and update as
> > needed and get consensus from PPMC on wording.
> >
> > 4 - Get the English version of the TOU translated for use on the the
> > other language forums.
> >
> > 5 - Currently the site references a Privacy Policy statement on the
> > Oracle web site - will need to lockdown exactly where this now needs to
> > point for Apache.
>
> a) Create the new Policy which should apply for all of the openoffice.org content going
forward.

OK - a quick search finds these:
http://maven.apache.org/privacy-policy.html

http://continuum.apache.org/privacy-policy.html

hmm - look rather similar don't they.

Do you know of a specific boiler plate for Apache projects anywhere
else?

> b) Put the page somewhere on the new www.openoffice.org site.
>

> > 6 - Acquire new logo(s) for footer and proper link reference.
> >
> > (currently the footer also has an Oracle logo and links to the Oracle
> > Open Office site - I'm thinking a generic Apache logo and link to
> > Apache.org. Any other ideas?)
>
> We're working on similar with the website. Certainly the Apache feather logo should be
used.

Sounds reasonable to me.

> We'll need to show that we an Incubating podling and also be clear somehow about the
content being variously licensed.

Remembering this is the forum not the wiki I think that is all done in
the Terms of Use here?

//drew