incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Hollis Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 01:59:26 GMT
On Tue, 2011-08-02 at 15:39 +0100, Terry Ellison wrote:
> Rob,
>
> I think that you've missed my point.  The guy didn't THREATEN to leave.
> He HAS left.  I doubt we will get him back.  My strong reaction was
> because of that entirely avoidable loss of 5+ man-years of project
> expertise that we will be pressed to recover for the sake on an
> ill-considered shout-down.

Terry, you may have private info from Clayton that I don't have, but my
understanding from conversations with him is that he never had any
intention of remaining with the Apache OOo project beyond helping a bit
with the handover process. In fact, I'm fairly sure he said this in a
note to this list some weeks ago, but I haven't the energy to try to
track it down in the archives.

--Jean