incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Hollis Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 01:11:02 GMT
On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 20:45 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> I can certainly see the value of a community wiki that anyone can
> edit.  Can you see the value of a documentation wiki that has
> controlled access and ensures that everything is under a single
> permissive license? I think we need both.

I think we are running into a similar problem here to one we discussed
earlier, before Terry joined the list.

That is the distinction between *user* documentation and *project*
documentation. The former, including ALL of the existing user guides,
are effectively "community documentation" at this time. But I think you
are talking about *project* documentation, the developer-related stuff.

I certainly agree that *project* documentation should go on a controlled
wiki, but I think that *user* docs should go on a community wiki.

--Jean