incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Gavin McDonald" <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject RE: Fundraising
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 01:54:05 GMT

I am constantly hearing an us vs them attitude, old vs new, our funds not
your funds and I got fed up with up, sorry you got the brunt. Truth is the
ASF gets money donated for all projects to benefit including OOo.

> I said funds *could be* used for purposes like those examples I gave. I made
> no suggestion that these funds *should be* used in place of any money
> available from Apache or elsewhere, and certainly not that they *would be*
> so used... just that they existed and *could be* used in ways that benefit the
> community.
>
> Also, I made no reference to ApacheCon nor mentioned any specific
> conference. I was thinking, in fact, of people who attend conferences for
> librarians or technical writers or educators (as examples) to promote
> (Apache) OpenOffice.org -- more of a marketing function.

You made no reference to ApacheCon no, but Simon did, then I read your mail
right after and assumed you meant the same, sorry. The above sounds great.

Gav...