incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Gavin McDonald" <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject RE: Fundraising
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 01:17:35 GMT

<snip>

> Profits from sales of printed copies of ODFAuthors (formerly OOoAuthors)
> books are held by the not-for-profit organisation[1] that publishes those
> books. The money from OpenOffice.org user guide sales is designated to "be
> used to benefit the community". This could include things like costs of
> conference attendance,

Did you have any community members apply to go this year's ApacheCon;
and were they accepted?

If any AOOo community folks applied for Apache Travel Assistance funds to
go to ApacheCon this year, should we have refused and sent them to you
instead and should we continue this segregation in the future? Shall all the
committers and community members all able to apply to the ASF for
Apache Travel Assistance with the sole exception of the AOOo community
and committers, because the funds will be covered as you mentioned by
the friendsofopendocument.org ?

Thanks

Gav...