incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: A point on the OOo code -- Getting to Apache Extras
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 03:26:32 GMT
Mathias,

In this thread you mentioned Apache Extras.  I am curious how to support that moving ahead.
 So I must confess my ignorance first.

Have you considered what a roadmap would be to have the CWS that need preservation moved to
Apache Extras?

I know we don't need everything in the CWS segment of http://hg.services.openoffice.org, and
I think there is a list of the serious ones somewhere earlier on ooo-dev.

But since there are many, what is an appropriate way to get them onto Apache Extras?

I've seen you say that there needs to be a combined repo, where they are bookmarked.  I'm
not sure what it means to have a combined repo based on the trunk repo and I'm unclear what
happens when two CWS have changes to the same file?  Are collisions not possible or do we
have to resolve them in having the combined repo?

I have more questions but this is too many already.

 - Dennis

PS: I'm assuming the combination is done because we only get one Hg repo in a single Apache
Extra project and we also want to reduce the size of the combined collection of CWS.

PPS: Maybe an easier question to ask is, what is the procedure to have the effect of cloning
two CWS and merging them into one Hg repo with them bookmarked separately?  Is this straightforward
or complex?