incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject [ooo-user] was RE: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:34:00 GMT
Hey, over here (waving arm in the air)!

Yes, I will moderate ooo-users.

Do you need a minimum of three?

It would also be good to have one additional so we can handle the occasional CJK and Eastern
European message that comes in, maybe others too, depending on what committers we have.  (At
least to help us tell the difference between spam and user inquiries.)

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Curcuru [mailto:asf@shanecurcuru.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 08:11
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]

[ ... ]

Personally, if there were some committers who would volunteer to
moderate, I'd just create an ooo-user@ mailing list now.  Almost all
projects already have a user list, so it'd be worth creating one if for
only to give interested users a place to start asking questions about
the future plans of the podling.

It also seems clear that with the OOo history and end-user base that
some of the existing forums (whatever kind) will need to be continued.
That's up to the project to figure out how to do and maintain.  The only
bigger ASF issue is ensuring that any new content added to forums that
the ASF hosts is compatible with AL wherever possible.

- Shane