incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [code] stuck at offapi on unxlngx6.pro
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:37:01 GMT
Off-hand, that is clearly not a permissive license.  The substantial-use and non-commercial
requirements for a separate license for such use is a show-stopper, it seems to me.

I would imagine the LibreOffice folks need to pay attention to this as well, if they have
not done so already.

Great catch, Pedro.  Thanks.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Pedro F. Giffuni [mailto:giffunip@tutopia.com]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 12:26
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [code] stuck at offapi on unxlngx6.pro

--- On Mon, 8/29/11, Michael Stahl wrote:

> > With the cleanup of this license headers we can try to
> > remove the code in one place and reuse it.

LCC is not copyleft and in our particular use it may be
OK, but some provisions could be problematic:

https://github.com/drh/lcc/blob/master/CPYRIGHT

> any reason why we build our own preprocessors and don't use
> the C toolchain preprocessor that is already required to
> build OOo?

This is an important question. If we need another
preprocessor there are options(1), but we need to now
why.

cheers,

Pedro.

(1) http://mcpp.sourceforge.net/