incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [What?] Why and How did this reach my inbox?
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 03:44:46 GMT
I guess any questions about who is subscribed here need no longer be asked, because we have
no idea who is subscribed via one of these aggregations.

Interesting.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Brown [mailto:andy@the-martin-byrd.net]
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 19:43
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [What?] Why and How did this reach my inbox?

Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> And why should we accept newsgroup posts the same as posts from subscribers to this list?
 This list is not a newsgroup, but the gmane newsgroup creates the effect of subscribers without
they're being subscribed here.

> Why should we be interested in that?  Especially with those mangled subject lines.
>
>   - Dennis

Dennis,

Lets not add more blocks to people that what to help here.  Gmane is
another way for people to connect to the mailing list.  Mailing list,
Gmane and forums are way that people help and work together without
forcing people into something they do not want or need.  OOo and LibO
both have used the Gmane gateway for mailing list, I am sure there are
others.  It would seem that the ASF already uses the gateway so why not
take advantage of it?

Andy