incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [What?] Why and How did this reach my inbox?
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 02:25:41 GMT
And why should we accept newsgroup posts the same as posts from subscribers to this list?
This list is not a newsgroup, but the gmane newsgroup creates the effect of subscribers without
they're being subscribed here.

Why should we be interested in that?  Especially with those mangled subject lines.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Gusaas [mailto:larry.gusaas@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 19:09
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [What?] Why and How did this reach my inbox?

On 2011-08-22 7:45 PM  Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> So we get two copies any time someone uses that news reader to make a reply?
Only if the poster uses reply-all instead of only sending a reply to the gmane newgroup like
am doing.

> Can we block the ones that come from the news group and only accept the direct ones?
If you blocked the news group posts from people post properly through the newgroup only would

not make it to the list.

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com