incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 23:47:02 GMT
I work like Andy, I think.

With the ML it is easy to scan the headers of new messages (or threads) and dig deeper on
something that I may be interested in or know something about.

With forums, which I use when I have to, the most difficult part is looking around to find
out if a matter that I'm concerned about already has a thread somewhere.

I'm willing to support either, and if I can receive e-mails or RSS feeds about forum posts,
I will rely on those too.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Brown [mailto:andy@the-martin-byrd.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 15:00
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]

Jean Weber wrote:
> Idle curiosity: I wonder how many people who offer support do it in both places: mailing
list and forum, or more or exclusively in one or the other.

> Personal observation (not intended as a generalization): my preferences vary with whether
I'm a consumer or a provider of support services. As a consumer, I generally prefer a forum,
but as a provider I prefer an email list. Perhaps I'm just weird, or set in my ways... :-)

> --Jean

Jean, When I can I work on both to provide help.  I prefer email and
mailing list.

Andy