incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 01:45:19 GMT
+1

Yes, we should just put up at least users-ooo and discuss-ooo if there are enough committers
willing to moderate each of them.

With regard to forums, I expect we will have forums as well, just as OpenOffice.org does.
 I see no reason not to have mailing lists also, especially this small number.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Brown [mailto:andy@the-martin-byrd.net]
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 17:39
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]

Dave Fisher wrote:
> The changes are good at showing where we are as developers.
>
> The unfortunate point is that users@openoffice.org is still a functional list with several
posts in a day and the change is hiding that list.

> Until there is ooo-users@i.a.o we shouldn't hide users@ooo.
>
> Does anyone think we should wait to create ooo-users?
>
> Regards,
> Dave

I think the sooner the better, myself.  An I would also like to see
something along the lines of the Discuss@oo.o list, it still receives
messages from time to time, and it a place that users discuss OOo but
not a general "help" list like Users@.

Andy