incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ is now live - Regression Check
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 20:56:13 GMT
I used the same password again because I didn't want to have more than one associated with
orcmid@openoffice.org.

I generate unique passwords for all accounts.  In this case it was a simplification to preserve
"single-sign-on" between the openoffice.org site and the bugzilla here.  And whatever else
it accomplished, the issues that I had previously filed are now again "hot" with links in
the places where "orcmid" appears.

Since the password is still not useful except where I have orcmid@openoffice.org on an account,
I am not too worried that I have expanded my personal attack surface in any significant way.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Eike Rathke [mailto:ooo@erack.de]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:58
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ is now live - Regression Check

Hi Dennis,

On Tuesday, 2011-08-30 17:52:38 -0700, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> It will be useful for folks who already have issues on the
> OpenOffice.org bugzilla to go through the password reset.  I recommend
> using your @openoffice.org ID and the password you have already on
> openoffice.org for simple continuity.

I don't see why using the same password would be any benefit. In fact
that's contradictory to anything that's usually said about choosing
passwords. The new Bugzilla also isn't coupled to the OOo user database
anymore, so there's really no need to have identical passwords.

However, while currently the @openoffice.org mail forwarder still exists
that may change in future, so setting up a different mail address with
BZ probably needs to be done anyway at some point.

  Eike