incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 20:15:23 GMT
Drew,

I didn't realize the imbalance between using the tag and mentioning without the tag was that
lop-sided.

By the way, there is also
<http://superuser.com/search?q=openoffice.org>.

Things that can be done with StackExchange sites already include having an RSS feed of posts
and also email subscriptions (though I remember shutting that off once I was overwhelmed).
 Apparently one can subscribe by tag.

I did that.  I set up a query that uses the openoffice.org tag (I was not brave enough to
use the search term instead but I did specify all sites) and I will receive e-mail notifications.

We'll see if those make it easy to go to the question, review, and respond.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: drew [mailto:drew@baseanswers.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:51
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Cc: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]

On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 08:01 -0700, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> It looks to me as if we need to be following the openoffice.org tag on StackOverflow.
 They have over 1200 items, and there is an openoffice.org tag/category although it is not
always used.

Hi Dennis,

Sadly, not so - the link I showed was a simple string search for
OpenOffice and it returns a good number of items that nearly mention the
application but are not about it.

Items tagged as OpenOffice-x numbers (over a 2 year span)
OpenOffice.org 326 total
openoffice-calc 84 total
openoffice-wrier 51 total
openoffice-impress 12 total