incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [ooo-user] was RE: users-JNqQRFIbOJOM4zKIHC2jIg@public.gmane.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev-JNqQRFIbOJOM4zKIHC2jIg@public.gmane.org]
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 20:56:13 GMT
Yes, undisciplined use arises on the LibreOffice lists as well (with the usual smattering of
"unsubscribe me" and "please reply directly because I am not subscribed" pleas).

I don't think we can expect an occasional visitor to be disciplined, especially for a novice
at coming to a list for support.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Gusaas [mailto:larry.gusaas@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:29
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ooo-user] was RE: users-JNqQRFIbOJOM4zKIHC2jIg@public.gmane.org [Was: Re: [Discussion]
dev-JNqQRFIbOJOM4zKIHC2jIg@public.gmane.org]

On 2011-08-31 1:09 PM  Rob Weir wrote:
> ooo-users, the future home ofusers@openoffice.org
>
> Like the existing list, it would not be exclusively support.  It would
> be used for discussions, new feature  ideas, etc., whatever users want
> to post (within reason).
>
> We can't prevent users from posting support questions there.  Heck, we
> can't prevent them from posting support questions on ooo-dev.  But we
> can steer support questions to a more appropriate venue where needed.

The OOo Users Mailing List was supposed to be exclusively for support. Other discussions about

OOo were supposed to occur on the OOo Discuss Mailing List.

In reality, many people were undisciplined and did not post their comments on the appropriate
list.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada