incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: [discuss][www][wiki] Native-lang sites was Web, WIki, and Participation
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 01:20:02 GMT
It strikes me that the list at the end of your note is best supported on where
it now is, probably updated over time as the Apache podling graduates to Top-Level Project.
 It is where people already know to go.

The only question, for me, is how much native-language support goes on the developer side,
on i.a.o/openofficeorg/ .

 - Dennis

Looking at I see these things:

 1. It looks like the Mithelfel? sidebar links to English-language pages could come to the
equivalents at i.a.o/openofficeorg instead.  The German language wiki would remain part of
the wiki.  Some links (Blogs, QATrack) are already to non-existent targets
and they can be removed if there is no replacement .

 2. Probleme? could also be done in such a way that there is not duplicated content.  Is OOo-Wiki
a separate German site?  Can it remain so or is it on OO.o infrastructure?  "Das Team" might
be set up differently depending on how we either divide responsibilities or find some Apache
Way approach to the same support concepts.  We need to do something about TCM (Test Case Management)
and Localization (Glossar) links.

 3. German language pages like "Office Suite" and "Betriebssystemen" can stay there or not.
I prefer there.

 4. Everything else can stay on

on  Since it is development that is now in an incubator, those activities
that are essential to the incubator should be linked to on the incubator web site.  Anything
that really doesn't require incubation (but some transposition of support and custody) should
stay out on if possible.

  5.1 This will matter when there are releases from the incubator.  They will probably need
to be distinguished from standard releases and downloads of incubator releases might be qualified

  5.2 When the podling graduates, there can be re-convergence on the full-up production of
stable releases, etc.  I expect we will have restored rich localization by that time as well.

This is all speculative.  I'm sure there are other ideas about how to separate these materials
with minimum duplication and also limiting what has to go through heavy-duty incubation.
Also, there are governance matters to deal with concerning Apache and PPMC responsibilities