incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Access to wiki
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2011 17:50:13 GMT
+1

One clarification.

Moving the Wiki onto Apache infrastructure is not the same as moving it onto an Apache domain.
 We have the possibility of sustaining http://*.openoffice.org (sub)-domains which have community
and participatory focus, with movement of other materials to apache.org locations that reflect
their incorporation in the release structure.  While we might need to adjust the administration,
clean out accounts, etc., we can minimize disruption by preserving that which already works
and has no need to be changed.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Eike Rathke [mailto:ooo@erack.de]
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 03:21
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Access to wiki

Hi Rob,

On Saturday, 2011-08-06 21:05:49 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:

>  It is much more than just 2 categories, official or unofficial doc.
> Looking around I see things like:
>
> a) Official doc (current)
> b) Official doc (obsolete)
> c) Doc in progress (active)
> d) Doc in progress (abandoned)
> e) Project planning docs
> f)  Pages related directly to the development of the product, e.g.,
> build instructions, architecture notes, coding standards, etc.
> g) Marketing and event related pages
> h) Pages related to the governance of the project, e.g., minutes from
> engineering steering committee meetings, etc.
> i) Biography/home pages for project volunteers
> j) And probably many other categories

Given this list I see the following categories:

A) Apache OOo committers only, with comments/discussion enabled for
   everyone with a wiki account.
B) Contributed 3rd party material, unsure which edit rights those should
   be assigned.
C) Community wiki editable for everyone with a wiki account under AL2 or
   a permissive license.
D) Museum, read-only pages that can be revived and moved to one of the
   other categories.
E) Dump. Pages that were contributed under licenses that are not
   permissive in an Apache project.

Material of categories: