incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [discuss][www][wiki] Native-lang sites was Web, WIki, and Participation
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 23:04:26 GMT
I want to be clear that when I say preserve and support openoffice.org I mean *at* domain name
openoffice.org, whatever infrastructure it is hosted on.

I don't have a problem with quickly deleting the pages at
<http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/de/> that we would not keep as part of the
Apache site, but I think it is more difficult than taking an axe to some pages and not others.

I would expect that one wants to do something harmonious at de.openoffice.org as well, so
the two German Language views are complementary and perhaps cross-referenced.

And we still need to determine how to keep openoffice.org alive as an operating domain.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus (OOo) [mailto:marcus.mail@wtnet.de]
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2011 15:37
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [discuss][www][wiki] Native-lang sites was Web, WIki, and Participation

Am 08/29/2011 12:23 AM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
[ ... ]
>    3. I thank Rafael for that effort.  It gives us a reality check on all that is involved
and how we need to consider some sort of differentiation between the openoffice.org face to
the world and the kind of face to the world from a development project that is more appropriate
on apache.org.  I think both are critical for openoffice.org.

AFAIR we wanted to bring over the entire website content and then look
what is OK and can survice. So, what is not Apache compatible we have to
delete now.

Otherwise we would start with some pages discuss many things and could
make 1-2 pages per week which wouldn't be very motivating. ;-)

>    3.1 As we find more and more cross-dependencies, I maintain that there is good cause
to preserve and support openoffice.org as the face to (and from) the broader community of
adopters, evangelists/marketers, and institutions/businesses that are engaged with openoffice.org.

+1

Marcus
[ ... ]