incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 20:14:44 GMT
I found a way to track individual Stack Exchange questions without having to poll them myself
to detect follow-ups and other answers.

It is a bit clumsy.  But it promises to be easy, and it is particularly easy to stop tracking
a question.

Every question (topic) on StackExchange has its own RSS feed.

I'm not quite sure how to manage per-question feeds, but I will give that a try.  It will
definitely save me having to keep going to the question and checking on follow-ups and other
answers.

I'm going to see if this works better in the Windows "Common Feed List" so I can get updates
in Outlook (not where I normally manage feeds).

 - Dennis

ABOUT STACKEXCHANGE KARMA

It is interesting that there might be a karma difference.  Of course, it would be pretty frustrating
to not have access to a valuable tool until having run the gauntlet for getting the karma
to use it.  Being able to follow a post does not seem like one of those things.

I checked my reputation on StackOverflow.  I have all privileges but 8:
 - trusted user
 - protect questions
 - access to moderator tools
 - approve tag wiki edits
 - cast close and reopen votes
 - create tag synonyms
 - edit questions and answers (not my own)
 - create tags

I have the other 17.

The moderator tools do not have any additional powers related to tracking an individual post.

Trusted users do not have any additional powers related to tracking an individual post.