incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: OOO Test Bugzilla instance
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:06:25 GMT
The Test Instance doesn't support the reset procedure: it doesn't have a working e-mail connection.

Use the Live Instance now on Apache.  There is no longer need to use the test instance for
anything. The Reset procedure must be used on the Live Instance because the "password" password
is not there.

If you did use the Live Instance at [1] and the message subject is incorrect on this thread,
wait or do it again.  It seems to be working but there have been occasional slow-downs at
openoffice.org.  You could also register a new account not using @openoffice.org, but that
won't link you to any issues you are listed on.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: TJ Frazier [mailto:tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 03:39
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: OOO Test Bugzilla instance

On 8/31/2011 05:48, Pavel Janík wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2011, at 11:43 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>
>> Me too. :-(
>
> OraSun employees?

It is reassuring that other experienced programmers are just as bad as I
frequently am, at reporting bugs they run into while trying to get
something done.

I bring up the page at [1], type in my name-@oo.o, and click on "forgot
my password". I get a page with blank login field (probably a bug, but
trivial), and a "Reset Password" button. I re-enter my name@, and click
the button. I get a "You have been sent a token" message. All good, so far.

* The token email never arrives. This may be due to the unavailability
of the oo.o site, since the email would have to be forwarded from my
oo.o address.

Trying to access www.openoffice.org: After displaying the working
"looking up" message, Ff gives "cannot find" message. IE is slightly
more helpful, suggesting that the DNS server may be down.

My guess is that the DNS listing has been fat-fingered, and *somebody*
will need to look into that.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/ooo/
--
/tj/