incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Creating the "forums" and "wiki" projects under SVN
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:06:25 GMT
+1 Good plan

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Ellison [mailto:terrye@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 03:52
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Creating the "forums" and "wiki" projects under SVN

I want to put the forums "sub-project" under svn today, so I can
populate the baseline.  At the moment /incubator/ooo has the "core"
subdirectories branches, tags, trunk, trunk-orig -- plus the "project"
tree for the www.openoffice.org site.

Since the number of items under CM for the forums and wiki are quite
small, I propose to add an extra tier, and that way we can plug any
other XXXX.openoffice.org services/sites alongside:

  *    /incubator/ooo/services/forums/trunk
  *    /incubator/ooo/services/wiki/trunk

Note that these only contain files needed to build the application (that
is the phpBB and MediaWiki installation).  The application content
itself is backed up rather than maintained in svn.  The system /
platform configuration files are under the infrastructure repository.

Any tweaks / suggestions will be considered.  //Terry

PS I have also updated the following if anyone wants to track progress
on the forums.  (The reason that the second doc is on the OOo wiki is
that's the way that I've done this on previous releases so the forum
admins and moderators are used to looking here.)

  *    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Community+Forums
  *
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:TerryE/phpBB3.0.9_Upgrade/Issues_and_Actions