incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [Repo] SVN ETA? (was Re: Request for comments: Community Wiki Services web page.)
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:37:26 GMT
I believe one speed-bump that has been raised is the maximum storage available to an Apache
Extra.  I'm not sure anyone has taken an action to find out if we can have an exception from
Google Code.  (The Terms of Use don't specify a maximum, so I don't know where that came from.)

It does look like consensus is to do the division between SVN and Hg in this manner though.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus (OOo) [mailto:marcus.mail@wtnet.de]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 05:09
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Repo] SVN ETA? (was Re: Request for comments: Community Wiki Services web page.)

Am 08/10/2011 01:45 PM, schrieb Mathias Bauer:
> On 09.08.2011 04:05, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
>
>> Hi;
>>
>> I appreciate the tough work that is being done to transfer
>> the Wiki, forums, etc ... but I would've thought the greatest
>> priority was the SVN repository.
>>
>> Any reassuring comment on this? Something like "we are
>> working on this but the script will still require a month to
>> complete the conversion" is better than no news at all.
>
> Let me try to recap the consensus so far. I was on vaction for two
> weeks, so I was not involved in all discussions.
>
> A full conversion hg ->  svn for the trunk repo and all cws is considered
> to be impossible, so all conversions will happen on the trunk repo only.
>
> It was mentioned that preserving history looks hard, so most of us
> agreed to move over the tip from the trunk repo into svn only, without
> history.

I had the impression that we agreed on

a) moving the OOO340m1 tip into ASF SVN and to loose history, so that we
can start with further improvements very fast and

b) to keep the complete OOo HG repo in apache-extras to keep the CWS
developments but also to keep the repo history for reference.

So, at the end there is indeed a way to keep every data + history but
also to start with new developments in ASF SVN.

Marcus