incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Making mailing lists useful (was Re: [Proposal])
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:43:33 GMT
It is the unilateral determination of what is bike-shedding and when CTR is appropriate that
I object to.

I agree with Shane on the way forward.  I don't believe this action is something to simply
suck up and ignore as if it didn't happen.

I don't see a veto anywhere.  If we've been voting you've trampled over a lot of +1's here.

Cut it out.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:apache@robweir.com]
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 08:53
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> -1
>
> Hey, a terrific blow for community there, Rob!
>
> Please don't ever do that again for a matter under active discussion.  Not ever.
>
> I urge you to revert those changes.

I disagree.   Bikeshedding on the list is not an impediment to action.
 I implemented one of the proposals discussed on the list. It is in
SVN.  If someone feels strongly, they can revert.  But note that in
CTR, -1's are invalid unless accompanied by technical objections, a
statement of an alternative proposal and a willingness to implement
the alternative.