incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [OT] Re: Who wants to build OpenOffice?
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 06:43:19 GMT
Eric, I don't think the fr.openoffice.org is under any control of the podling PPMC at this
point.  Are you talking about the forum, a wiki, lists, or something else that can be spammed?

I notice that the archives for <http://fr.openoffice.org/contact-forums.html> seem to
have disappeared.  Is that normal?  Also, does anyone know how to reach kenaiadmin?  The link
is bad.  Maybe Louis Suárez-Potts knows?

I see on the lists here, <http://openoffice.org/projects/fr/lists>, that there are very
few recent posts, but there is some sort of auto-responder at service-clients@sc.sfr.fr that
is making repeated list responses to recent posts (usually multiples of 3).  While annoying,
they don't appear to be spam as such.  Is that what you are trying to correct?

We have test sites of the wiki and forums in preparation for cut-over onto Apache infrastructure.
 Those are not the live system that is being spammed.  It may be weeks before we cut over
the live sites.

Who already has administrative rights there that can grant them to you so you can contribute
to cleaning things up?  It seems you should contact one of those people directly.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: eric b [mailto:eric.bachard@free.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 22:30
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [OT] Re: Who wants to build OpenOffice?

Hi,

I will answer this question as soon as I'll have one answer to mine :

The fr project is currently spammed, and NOBODY can fix that (thanks
to Fred Diaz (one of the volunteers) who confirmed wht happens on the
fr lists).
What happens, is a disaster for OpenOffice.org image on the fr side,
but looks like nobody cares ...

As (temporarly) volunteer, I asked for my rights granted in the fr
project, because this is mandatory to solve the issue (maybe some
other to come). In meantime, other fr people confirmed they are
volunteers to help.

If we miss the train, they never will show up.

And I insist : maintain the French community, to be able to explain
the remaining people, explain what happens with Apache, is more
urgent IMHO, than build OpenOffice.org (it took me only several hours
to provide a working set on Mac OS X).

Thanks in advance,
Eric

--