incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [migration] Making the forums and wiki cut-over
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 17:28:11 GMT
Just one tiny clean-up.

Based on what you say, I believe the goal is to cut over forums in 7 days and the wiki in
14 days.

(I think there is a small typo in the second CUT-OVER GOAL.)

 - Dennis

Thanks for all of this Terry.  You've managed to juggle a complex number of considerations
and you have my endless admiration for it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Ellison [mailto:terrye@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 08:59
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [migration] Making the forums and wiki cut-over

Sorry in advance.  I've tried to put this type of content on the cwiki
and it has largely been ignored by the DL, hence this email.  It is a
long onem so have I tried to structure it and keep to simple plain text
(as the DL forwarder seems to screw up text/html markup).

Since this is so long, any reply threads could kill us.  So can I ask
respondents to open up a new [migration] thread to discuss specific
points in depth rather than replying directly to this.

[ ... ]

*CUT-OVER*

[ ... ]

* *GOAL*: Cut over forums within 7 days from today.  Date TBD by PM.  I
can do the content move.

* *DECISION*: Halt the wiki service for a notified (24hr) window during
cutover.  The migration uses fixed IPs, so  DNP IP reassignment is
co-incident with service stop.

* *GOAL*: Cut over forums within 14 days from today.  Date TBD by PM.  I
can do the content move.

[ ... ]