incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [Proposal] Give the BHV publishing house in Kaarst/Germany the permission to use the OpenOffice.org trademark and logo
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:31:00 GMT
Dave,

I'm not sure what you are referring to.  You added a number of locations where?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2wave@comcast.net]
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2011 12:02
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: 'Peter Junge'; trademarks@apache.org
Subject: Re: [Proposal] Give the BHV publishing house in Kaarst/Germany the permission to
use the OpenOffice.org trademark and logo

On Aug 28, 2011, at 11:40 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
[ ... ]
> HMMM...
>
> Also, and this is probably not the right time for this (especially for OpenOffice.org
3.3), we might want to come up with a request (or requirement?) that publishers include a
link to locations under our support where current information, updates, and support about
OpenOffice.org can be found.  (That would be separate from links the publisher might provide
for updates on their book and on the 10,000+ templates that are provided on the DVD.)

> We also, now that I think about it, need to provide information in our distros and maybe
for use in print, about the availability of source code for a specific release and for information
on source code for other releases, including the latest.

> [I think I will flag these two as notes-to-self for something we need to pay attention
to.  The specific source-code-availability requirement may not be so strict under ALv2 and
Apache practice, in contrast with the LGPL requirement.  It seems like a great thing to perpetuate,
regardless.  It is another reason to keep the openoffice.org domain name operating because
of linking from material in print as well as on-line.]

I have added a number of the locations that show the Oracle OOo versions of these policies
in our podling's port of the OOo website. Anyone should feel free to start adapting these
properly. I don't have time to get deeply engrossed in these details.

Regards,
Dave

[ ... ]