incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [Proposal] Give the BHV publishing house in Kaarst/Germany the permission to use the OpenOffice.org trademark and logo
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:31:00 GMT
Christian,

Since there is no Apache OpenOffice.org 3.3 (and will likely never be), and it is not a product
of the podling, we probably need to think about this a little differently.

I think the only reason this is on our table is that the OpenOffice.org trademark has been
transferred to Apache and the publisher needs to contact someone and be confident that they
have permission for their usage.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Grobmeier [mailto:grobmeier@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2011 12:23
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; orcmid@apache.org
Cc: Peter Junge; trademarks@apache.org
Subject: Re: [Proposal] Give the BHV publishing house in Kaarst/Germany the permission to
use the OpenOffice.org trademark and logo

[ ... ]

Nobody has to ask to use the term Apache OpenOffice.org. But it is
preferred that the booktitile is "Apache OpenOffice.org 3.3 für Ein-
und Umsteiger".

There are few other rules which must apply as stated on the trademarks website.

Cheers,
Christian

[ ... ]