incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [code] TODO list (was RE: svn commit: r1162287 - in /incubator/ooo: trunk-orig/ trunk/)
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 19:47:09 GMT
Hi Pedro,

I copied all of those committers as a kind of emphasis that their attention to this might
provide the solution.

I can't tell from the commit logs whether all of the necessary missing files have been added.
 Do you believe they have all been provided?

I don't think we should announce the code as available until we know what exactly we are announcing.
 At the moment, it is the OpenOffice.org code and folks can get the Hg form still.  Until
we have dealt with the licensing, I think I would rather keep quiet.

By the way, I am not the official blog poster.  If folks are waiting for me to do something,
it is not a duty I have accepted.

It may be a little early for a status update at this point.  We can look again when it is
time to report status to the ASF board in early September.  Then we might want to make a blog
post too.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Pedro F. Giffuni [mailto:giffunip@tutopia.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2011 12:15
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [code] TODO list (was RE: svn commit: r1162287 - in /incubator/ooo: trunk-orig/ trunk/)

Hi Dennis;

Hmm... no need to copy everyone that should already
subscribed to the list :-)

Perhaps just put up a note on the blog that the code is finally in?

Eike did the commit of the missing files so things are being worked
on but for now we need to be careful not to break things. Mathias' ApacheMigration page is
rather well organized on what should be our priorities:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ApacheMigration

The only rather trivial item in the TODO is
- "get new ksc5601.h file from XFree86"

- The next thing, I think, is getting OO to use an external ICU
and work on the regex issue.

I am not a committer so I will work on checking which of
the bugzilla issues fixed in LO apply to us and will post
a list of what I find.

While here.. some of their crazy ideas are not so crazy:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Crazy_Ideas

For example, these all seem things we will likely do:
Remove Seamonkey (or make optional)
Replace home-grown regexp parser with some std library
Replace Mozilla Rhino with Google's V8

cheers,

Pedro.