incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <hims...@orcmid.com>
Subject RE: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 02:11:37 GMT
+1

just re-host it, do whatever verification/adjustment is needed before the DNS switcheroo happens,
then continue with clean up and any further migration afterwards.  I see no reason to have
all of it on Apache SVN or convert the PHPBB or MediaWiki to anything else in the short term.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Rist [mailto:andrew.rist@oracle.com]
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 18:18
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)

Oracle Email Signature Logo
Andrew Rist | Interoperability Architect
Oracle Corporate Architecture Group
Redwood Shores, CA | 650.506.9847

On 8/1/2011 1:53 AM, Gavin McDonald wrote:

> [...]
I'm working on getting to that exact statement.  There is certainly
nothing stopping us from staging the servers and setting up the transition.
Once that infrastructure is in place for the Forums and Wiki - I think
we can do the transfer at the DNS level pretty quickly.
I'm still waiting on a response, in terms of guidance on where Oracle
stands in terms of ownership/transfer of the content.
That said, a transfer of the hosting of the services in their current
form looks like the best viable option at this point.

Andrew