incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <hims...@orcmid.com>
Subject RE: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ is now live - Regression Check
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 00:52:38 GMT
It will be useful for folks who already have issues on the OpenOffice.org bugzilla to go through
the password reset.  I recommend using your @openoffice.org ID and the password you have already
on openoffice.org for simple continuity.

Once you log in with your "new" password, use the "My Bugs" link to see if you recognize everything
that turns up, and any special cases that you know of have been handled properly.

The assignment and workflow of bugs will probably change, and I don't know if the previous
processing arrangement has been preserved.  Others will want to check that and let us know.

 - Dennis

MY EXPERIENCE

Having learned the other day that my "orcmid" User ID on parts of the OpenOffice.org site
is actually an orcmid@openoffice.org ID, I did the password reset ceremony with that e-mail
address as "Login."

I received the email "token", and it worked to allow me to reset the password (back to its
original value, since it still works elsewhere, including on openoffice.org itself, though
my wiki account is clearly not tied to @openoffice.org).

After logging in, I was able to use the "My Bugs" link to find all three of my ancient bug
reports.  Now the "Reported: " time stamp not only shows orcmid as reporter, it also has it
be a link (with mailto:orcmid@openoffice.org).  The issue numbers are unchanged too.

I'm sure there are more interesting cases to verify, especially ones with attachments and
ones that are pinged from commit messages.

But as a point-test, it looks like there is more working than not.

And it is relatively painless to move over.

 - Dennis