incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Migrating the web forums at user.services.openoffice.org to Apache servers
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2011 05:19:42 GMT
I suggest paying attention to the branding requirements for podlings, and use of the Apache
Incubator logo:
<http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html>

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: drew [mailto:drew@baseanswers.com]
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 16:17
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Migrating the web forums at user.services.openoffice.org to Apache servers

On Sat, 2011-08-06 at 00:55 +0200, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 08/06/2011 12:31 AM, schrieb Andy Brown:
> > drew wrote:
> >> Hi Dave, et al

> >> Alright - found some official feather logos...

> >> and took a few minutes to put a submittal together, a proposal for the
> >> forum footer image linking back to the Apache OO.o site.
> >>
> >> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/0/0b/Apache-openoffice-300x70.png
> >>

> >> A little wide still, but a first draft.
> >>

> > Looking good to me. :) Thanks, Drew.
> >
> > Andy
>
> Yes, a good first draft. However, it raises some questions ;-)
>
> - Do we want to make the project name visible together with the Apache
> logo, so it looks like a single logo?

Yes that was exactly what I wanted.
My understanding is that the word Apache is required, such as in this
graphic:
http://maven.apache.org/images/apache-maven-project-2.png
yes?

(gees seems I'm giving maven a lot of free advertising..*smile*)

> - Or should be opticial separated, e.g., in the left corner AOO and in
> the right the Apache feather?

For the right side of the footer I was going use a standard Feather logo
for a link to the main Apache.org site.

So - I could lose the feather from the above graphic, no problem.

Let me go ahead then and put together a mock up of the full footer with
that change.

Will post back here with a link to the graphic in just a bit.

//drew