incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <>
Subject Re: Suggestion for OOo branding...
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 20:23:40 GMT
On 2011/07/23 1:01 PM  Malte Timmermann wrote:
> On 23.07.2011 07:09, Graham Lauder wrote:
>> ...I suspect that the original reasoning behind the
>> ODF thing was a corporate strategy to wave OOo as the primary
>> application for producing compliant ODF documents.  The trend,
>> especially in Europe, was towards mandating ODF in Govt and so they
>> wanted to ride the coattails of that move.
> Actually it was the other way round: We wanted to promote and strengthen ODF.

At the cost of functionality when you eliminated the colours that easily distinguished the

different file types. All this was done despite the huge objections both before and especially

after the this horrendous design decision was imposed on the community by the ODF oligarchy.

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada