incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Future of MySQL Connector Extension
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 05:17:09 GMT
Le 23/07/11 06:29, Pedro Giffuni a écrit :

Hi Pedro,

> We won't ship GPL stuff directly, but note that whomever distributes
> binaries for your system can.
> In other words, both options that you mention are possible.

Therein lies the rub. Who would do that for MacOSX ? Certainly not
Apple. And certainly not MS for Windows OS. Again, we come back to the
question of who will be hosting/providing the binaries. If Apache can
not / will not due to licensing issues, then who will do it for these OSes ?

For the Linux distros, each distro already usually provides the
connector anyway, so effectively it is moot for that OS, and if you are
using BSD, or Gentoo, most of it is self-compiled/built/emerged (or not,
as the case may be).

Alex