incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurg...@gmail.com>
Subject Future of MySQL Connector Extension
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 03:23:50 GMT
Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea what the future of this extension is going to
be ? At the moment, it appears that the library used to build the
connector is under GPL2, which is not compatible with the Apache licence.

The connector was previously built and delivered from within the OOo
source tree at each new version, and my understanding was that it was OS
specific, i.e. a version had to be offered for download for each of the
OSes to which OOo catered. So how will that now work within the new
Apache scheme of things ?

Does it mean that the connector extension can/will only be available as
a compile time option, i.e. it will not be generally available for
download by users (like the "PDF Import" extension) ? Or can/must it be
compiled by someone else and hosted elsewhere ?

As someone interested in the use of the connector for my daily work, it
would be nice to have some kind of "official"
stance/declaration/feedback on this.

TIA,

Alex