incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: ICU
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 12:18:10 GMT
On 20.07.2011 13:41, Eike Rathke wrote:
> The most problematic is the RPATH for URE patch, but I have no idea
> anyway how to proceed with libstdc++.so.6 and libgcc_s.so.1 that so far
> were distributed with the URE and are LGPL. If we don't, then the patch
> would be moot.

that is an interesting point: we currently ship binaries of C++ runtime
libraries in the installation sets.
i know that we do this for Linux and Windows, don't know about other
platforms; presumably relicensing GCC or MSVC runtime under Apache
license is not an option.

i guess we can probably drop the GCC libraries nowadays, because
libstdc++ doesn't change its ABI as much as it used to, so everybody
should have a good enough one on their system.

i wonder what would happen if we drop MSVC runtime?