incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: OOO and LibreOffice.
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 10:50:17 GMT

<-----stuff removed that can be read one news back ----->

> Just to prevent that a false impression comes up (and the "2 meg" you
> named gets a meaning that it doesn't have in fact): the "code cleanup"
> in LO we are talking about comprises several things:
>
> (1) removing code that was not compiled at all
> (2) removing code that was compiled, but not used
> (3) removing superfluous comment lines
> (4) translating comments from German to English
> (5) "real" code work: removing duplicated classes, simplifying code etc.

<-----stuff removed that can be read one news back ----->

I just want to mention that with the variable cleanup in OOo I had 1010
conflicting files on aw080 on the next resync, in average with 4-5
conflicts due to the fact that I already had changed the variables in
the refactored code to something useful. This took me nealry 1 1/2 weeks
where not really something productive could happen, just resynching and
getting all compiled an running again.

So, please, when You do such changes, keep in mind that this will
produce a lot of work for people which You may not have on Your radar...

> Regards,
> Mathias

best regards,
	Armin Le Grand