incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: fetch-all-cws.sh (was: Building a single Hg repository)
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 10:07:16 GMT
On 06.07.2011 19:12, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 07:50, Michael Stahl<mst@openoffice.org>  wrote:
>> On 05.07.2011 11:16, Herbert Duerr wrote:

>>> If the goal is to just merge the outstanding CWSs into trunk I'd suggest
>>> to stay with hg, merge all good CWSs into trunk and start the apache-ooo
>>> SVN repository from that trunk.
>>>
>>> If the goal is to preserve the trunk and CWSs of the old-OOo project
>>> then the idea to provide it as a read-only git repository is great,
>
> We only have one canonical repository at Apache, and that is
> Subversion. We should not be planning to create a Git repository...
> the read-only Git "repositories" are just mirrors of portions of the
> Subversion repository.

i thought you and/or Mathias were working on the SVN conversion already.

who knows, perhaps there will be trouble converting from HG to SVN, and
going via git as an intermediate step is easier?
it's good to have options :)

regards,
  michael

--
"PL/I and Ada started out with all the bloat, were very daunting
  languages, and got bad reputations (deservedly).  But C++ has shown