incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Uh oh: OpenOffice.org XML Namespaces and Sun Mediatypes
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 20:59:11 GMT
On 04.07.2011 22:01, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> PS: I hadn't thought of the Java and .Net ways of disambiguating the
> names of externally-bindable enties and the canonical structure of
> class paths.  Do we have any concern for org.openoffice. ... .mumble
> in that context?

the UNO API still uses the classic "com.sun.star." namespace for reasons
of backward compatibility; changing that would break every extension and
macro, and require a huge conflict-inducing change to the OOo code...

--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never
  stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people,